What do you get when you combine alphabet matching cards with many different colourful themes? Fun effortless learning games! Kids will love these spectacular hands-on alphabet activities!
Alphabet Matching Cards Hands-on Activities
Repetition and practice are key to developing outstanding literacy skills. So you will need tons of alphabet matching cards and activities for your classroom. Little learners will love these themed printables – print them out, laminate them and use them year in and out!
Here’s a list of hands-on alphabet matching cards which are sure to make teaching alphabet recognition EASY! They have been tested in the classroom and are guaranteed to motivate your kids to love learning literacy!
Click the blue links to get some fun alphabet activities. We will be adding more alphabet activities, so be sure to check in again.
Alphabet Matching Cards for Preschool Kids
- Santa Alphabet Matching Cards – What do you get when you combine Santa alphabet matching cards with a Santa theme? This great self-correcting puzzle activity will keep your students engaged for hours!
- Owls Alphabet Matching Cards – Whooo wouldn’t love these adorable Owls alphabet matching cards? These cards would make a great addition to your centers! Kids will love finding the matching letters and placing them on the logs.
- Burgers Alphabet Matching Cards – The best kind of burgers to make! Who wouldn’t love these adorable Burger alphabet matching cards? These cards would make a great addition to your centers! Kids will love finding and linking the puzzles together!
- Free Back to School Activities – these printable ABC bear cards are the cutest cards! They come in full colour and black and white.
- Alphabet Roll and Color Owl Theme – What better way to get some new, fun and exciting alphabet printables than using some owl themed roll and color printable pages?! These Alphabet Roll and Color Owl Themed activity pages are so much fun to use! They require zero prep and are quite easy to set up!
- Valentine Penguin Alphabet Matching Cards – Teaching alphabet recognition? I know how hard it can be trying to find ideas to teach the alphabet let alone finding things that can motivate kids to want to learn. These Valentine Penguin Alphabet Matching Cards will be a hit with your students.
More Fun Letter Matching Activities
- These Snowman Themed Alphabet Matching Cards and Snowman Beginning Sounds Activities will make a great winter themed activity for preschoolers.
- Alphabet Shape Match Koala Theme – Need a fun way to get preschoolers matching their alphabet letters and shapes? These fun mats provide enough engagement and learning in one activity! Kids will love matching the ‘eucalyptus leaves’ to each missing piece.
- Alphabet Matching Uppercase Lowercase Easter Chicks Free – These fun Spring themed alphabet printables are just the perfect addition to any preschool classroom or homeschool. The kids will enjoy hunting for the ‘alphabet eggs’ and matching the letters onto their mats.
- Upper and Lowercase Alphabet Identification Clipping Activity Apple Trees – Need a fun way to get students to practice identifying upper and lowercase alphabet letters? This fun apple themed clipping activity will be a hit with your students! ESL students will benefit from this as well. It’s a perfect way to add some fine motor activities to your centers.
Alphabet Matching Cards for Kindergarten Kids
- Alphabet Identification Activity Roll and Color Easter Themed – There are many ways to practice alphabet identification skills! I love finding new and fun ways to get kids learning their alphabet sounds and print formation. This activity incorporates both sounds and print.
- Feed the Monster Alphabet Puzzles – Looking for a fun and engaging way to practice upper and lowercase alphabet whilst developing fine motor skills all along? Check out these fun puzzles and ‘feed the monster’ activity over at Totschooling!
- Alphabet Upper and Lowercase Matching with Beginning Sounds Flower Pot – Alphabet Upper and Lowercase Matching with Beginning Sounds: Kids love playing puzzles, they will love matching the flowers to the correct pots in this fun phonics game!
- Dr Seuss Alphabet Match Free – Dr Seuss Alphabet Match Free. What a great way to get the kids identifying and matching their letters than with a Dr. Seuss fun filled letter matching activity! It’s essential that kids know the sounds of the alphabet as well as identifying their matching uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Alphabet Upper and Lowercase Football Matching Cards – Alphabet Upper and Lowercase Football Matching Cards: Looking for a fun way to practice alphabet upper and lowercase letters during football season? These fun cards make kids excited about learning! Especially the kids who LOVE football.
- Letter Tracing Activities Winter Theme Fantastic Multi-sensory Clip Cards! – These cards will make a great fine motor AND letter formation activity center.
More Letter Matching Cards Created By Sea of Knowledge
Looking for a value bundle with FANTASTIC hands-on activities to teach your child at home? Looking for a great activity to accompany these letter matching cards? This Play Dough Learning Mats Bundle Kit – Activity Mats for the Whole Year will be a HIT with your students! Click on the image to learn more about the activities included in this bundle. You can also see it here on Teachers Pay Teachers.
Don’t Miss Out! Sign up to our Blog To get the next Resources idea & Free Printable Delivered To Your Email!
Amazing Back to School Hacks and Teaching Ideas – great free downloads and ideas!
Free Sight Word Worksheets – Free Sight word worksheets get your students to recognise, read, and write tricky words. Use these free sight word worksheets to build vocabulary too!