Free Sight word worksheets get your students to recognise, read, and write tricky words. Use these free sight word worksheets to build vocabulary too!
Free Sight Word Printable Worksheets
Repetition and practice are key to build proper sight word recognition skills. Kids learn to read, write and spell their sight words by exposure. These fun Free Sight Word Worksheets include so many ways in which you could incorporate sight word practice in your class or homeschool.
Here’s a list of hands-on free sight word worksheets to get even the most reluctant kids reading, writing and spelling their sight words! They have been tested in the classroom and to motivate your kids to learn their sight words.
Click the blue links to get your copy of some fun printable sight word games and activities. We will add printable games and activities often so keep this page bookmarked and come back often!
Sight Words for ESL Students
- Grab these fun and free 10 printables to teach Sight Words for ESL students. These activities work on:
- Speaking and listening skills.
- Looking to help ESL kids with their sentence structure and understand sight word use in context? These High Frequency Sight Word Sentence Posters do just that. An added bonus in these include printable worksheets to read, trace and color their posters.
- Halloween Free Sight Word Worksheets
- Christmas Free Sight Word Worksheets. Looking for some fun seasonal worksheets? Kids will read, identify the sight word and trace it on the Christmas tree.
- These sight word differentiation activities are so much fun for children just beginning to read. The set includes all the pre-primer sight words. Kids will read the words and cut and paste them to sort them into the honey jars.
- Sight Word Build a Burger Word Differentiation activities. These sight word cut and paste activities will engage and motivate your kids as they build ‘burgers’ by identifying the identical sight words on each part, cutting and pasting it on their worksheets.
Sight Words Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Real or Spooky words? This fun Sight Word Activity will get kids to identify the real and nonsense words. Grab your copy of this Free Sight Word printable Worksheets Halloween theme here.
- Snowman Sight Word Printables- Kids will love these hands-on sight word activities They will get to build snowmen, read and match sight words.
- Owl Free Sight Word Worksheets – These Owl Free Sight Word Worksheets are the easiest way to engage and encourage kids to practice reading and recognising their sight words!
- Winter Free Sight Word Activities – These Hands-on Winter Free Sight Word Worksheets will engage ALL your kids no matter their level. They will read, search for and trace the matching sight word all with a fun hot cocoa theme!
- Sight Word Activity Beginning Sounds. Looking for some beginning sounds activities? This fun pirate themed setup will engage all your kiddos in a fun game that allows them to develop their critical thinking skills as well as their sight word recognition skills.
- Sight Word Dough Mats. Kids will work on building each letter in their sight word, tracing and reading the sight word in context and writing the word independently all on one dry erase mat!
- Sight Word Readers Interactive Tab Books. Are you looking for some new sight word readers? These activity booklets include sight word fluency intervention that is FUN for kids! Each booklet includes activities to get the students reading, tracing, and finally writing the word independently.
Sight Word Worksheets Created by Sea of Knowledge
More Free Activities You Might Like
More Free Cut and Paste Grammar Activities – students work on developing their grammar skills.
Back to school FREE kindergarten printables and games.
8 Must See Childrens Apps Language Learning. These FREE apps are a must-have for ESL students.