Beginning Sounds Activities can be LOTS of fun – if you incorporate play and fun hands-on activities! Download your free copy of over 20 beginning sounds activities here!
Beginning Sounds Activities for Kids
Repetition and practice are key to developing outstanding literacy skills. So you will need tons of beginning sounds activities for your classroom or homeschool. Little learners will love these themed printables – print them out, laminate them and use them year in and out!
Here’s a list of hands-on beginning sounds activities which are sure to make teaching alphabet recognition and phonics EASY! They have been tested in the classroom and are guaranteed to motivate your kids to love learning literacy!
Click the blue links to get some fun alphabet activities. We will be adding more beginning sounds activities, so be sure to check in again.
Fantastic Beginning Sounds Activities for Kindergarten Kids
- Beginning Sounds Listening Game Sort – Beginning Sounds Listening Game: a fun way to practice digraph sounds with your kids!
- Winter Beginning Sounds Activities – Winter Beginning Sounds Activities can be LOTS of fun with SNOWMEN – if you incorporate snowmen and colourful play rice! Download your free copy of these alphabet snowman cards here!
- Vowel Sounds Writing Activity – Vowel Sounds Writing: What a great way to practice vowel sounds than by using interactive activity strips with dry erase markers?! I love these letter identification strips, not only are they colorful, bright and fun but the theme is perfect for a back to school theme! Kids get to practice their vowel sounds as well as their writing skills with this set!
- Scarecrow Beginning Sounds Spin & Color Game – Reading for a fun Scarecrow Beginning Sounds Spin & Color Game? Grab this fun freebie over at Totschooling if your kids are ready for some beginning sounds activities, they will absolutely LOVE these!
- Alphabet Upper and Lowercase Matching with Beginning Sounds Flower Pot – Alphabet Upper and Lowercase Matching with Beginning Sounds: Kids love playing puzzles, they will love matching the flowers to the correct pots in this fun phonics game! This would be a great activity for spring.
Beginning Sounds Activities with Sight Words
- Sight Word Activity Pirate Secret Code Hunt – Set up a fun Sight Word Activity using simple, DIY materials with a pirate treasure map, some dry erase pens, play dough (any kind) and sight word cards. This activity incorporates practising beginning sounds. With these sight word printable activities, kids use the phonics picture codes to work out the initial letters then see the ‘secret word’.
- Spider Spinners Clippers CVC Beginning Sounds – these fun CVC spider beginning sounds CVC activities will get your kids reading their CVC words, cutting and pasting to build their words using the code on each printable.
Looking for a value bundle with FANTASTIC hands-on activities to teach your child at home? This Play Dough Learning Mats Bundle Kit – Activity Mats for the Whole Year will be a HIT with your students! Click on the image to learn more about the activities included in this bundle. You can also see it here on Teachers Pay Teachers.
Beginning Sounds Activities Practice Makes Perfect
These activities will help your kids and especially your ESL kiddos develop and practice their beginning sounds skills.
We will be adding to this page everytime we make fun new beginning sounds activities. So be sure to bookmark it and come back to it often.
Don’t Miss Out! Sign up to our Blog To get the next Resources idea & Free Printable Delivered To Your Email!
Over 20 FREE Alphabet Matching Cards Fantastic Hands-on Free Printables!
Amazing Back to School Hacks and Teaching Ideas – great free downloads and ideas!
Free Sight Word Worksheets – Free Sight word worksheets get your students to recognise, read, and write tricky words. Use these free sight word worksheets to build vocabulary too!