Ice Cream Play Dough Printable Mats: Children won’t even realise they’re learning as they enjoy these multi-sensory mats! Use these to practice counting and number formation skills!
Ice Cream Play Dough Printable Mats
These printable play dough learning mats are perfect for small group centers, independent practice and at home learning intervention. Kids will love identifying numbers, building the number of scoops using play dough and more!
Sign up to get this printable bundle + hundreds of others over at the Sea of Knowledge Plus hub!
Play dough is a great way to encourage reluctant kids to learn? In fact, it has been studied to show an increase in learning rentention in kids.
There is something very therapeutic about playing with play-dough. I know play-dough drives some
parents crazy – no matter how hard you try you always seem to get it on the bottom of your shoes
and track it around the house, but I feel the benefits far outweigh the mess.
The current benefits as outlined by https://www.glendhuchildcare.com.au.
Here are the benefits:
* It’s fun!
* It helps to strengthen small fingers, hands and wrists. Fine motor control >> Children gain control over their hand and arm movements which improves coordination.
* It helps to build your child’s imagination.
* It helps children develop self esteem -there is no right or wrong way to use play dough.
* Play dough fosters cooperative play. Playing with dough with others helps children understand
the importance of sharing.
* Discussing what has been made helps build communication skills and develops imagination.
* Dividing it up can be used to help children learn about numbers and counting.
* Play dough is a lovely open ended toy – it can be anything – food, animals, faces, shapes etc.
This fun printable is available to download from Totschooling (at the end of this post)!
Looking for a value bundle with FANTASTIC hands-on activities to teach your child at home? This Play Dough Learning Mats Bundle Kit – Activity Mats for the Whole Year will be a HIT with your students! Click on the image to learn more about the activities included in this bundle. You can also see it here on Teachers Pay Teachers.
More than 20 FREE beginning sounds activities!
More than 30 FREE Number Sense activities!
Ready to download your Ice Cream Number Sense Mats?
Head to Totschooling here to download them!