Christmas is such a fun time for kids! These Reindeer Alphabet Recognition Activities will be the perfect addition to any alphabet center in the classroom or in any homeschool setting during the month of December!
This printable PDF A-Z will go really well with the Christmas Printable Preschool Centers Bundle.
Reindeer Alphabet Recognition Activities – Roll, Find & Colour
I love incorporating Christmas activities in our literacy centers. Roll and colour activities are one of the very best activities you can use to engage young learners. I especially love that the children will benefit from these in many ways:
- Using fine motor skills to roll the dice.
- Building their colouring skills
- Numeracy skills by counting the number on the dice
- identifying their alphabet letters
- A4 paper
Print all pages in colour or greyscale and give a set to each group in your class. You can totally differentiate these alphabet printables – use the set of alphabet pages that would suit your learners.
How to play
Do you like to incorporate fun and hands-on alphabet matching or alphabet recognition activities? These ABC Reindeer Alphabet Activities are so much fun for pre-schoolers and kindergarten kids alike. You could totally differentiate these Alphabet printable pages depending on the level of the students in your group. Once you’ve printed the pages you would like to use, place them on the group table for the kids to use. Be sure to show them how to play, by demonstrating the activity first. Use a dice to show them how to roll, read the number on the dice, identify the matching code at the top and then find the corresponding letter on the reindeer and colour it. A great way for kids to practice letter differentiation. These can be printed with 2 pages on one but they will be too small so I don’t recommend it. You don’t need to use all the alphabet sets, you can choose groups of letter cards that you’re working on with your kids. The kids will LOVE using the dice and colouring set.
You could also totally turn this activity into a competitive group game by having two sets of the pages and have the kids compete to use the colouring dice to finish colouring all the reindeers and correctly identify the letters. The group to finish the whole set with no mistakes (or least amount of) wins the competition!
Looking for more Christmas Themed Activities?
Fantastic Preschool Fine Motor Christmas Centers and Activities Hands-on Fun Busy Tubs! Preschool Fine Motor Christmas Centers and Activities: preschool kids need lots and lots of hands-on activities. These centers include hands-on fine motor math and literacy centers to help engage every preschooler this season!
Ready to download Reindeer Alphabet Recognition Activities – Roll & Read?
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you’d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- All downloaded materials provided are copyright protected.
- I offer free printables to give to my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through product links and ads keep this website going. Thank you!