Looking for fun ways to have kids matching their alphabet letters? How about using this fun, hands-on Alphabet Matching Game in an interactive way to help engage and motivate the kids to learn their letters! This game involves a cookie sheet and there are options to use bingo markers OR pom poms.
I have listed SO many alphabet matching activities and printables over on this page here, so don’t forget to check them all out!
>>> This FREE printable will go very well with this bundle of Alphabet Matching Picture Puzzles! <<<
This center has a great theme which will sure to engage even the most reluctant kids. Read on to see how you can setup this fun Christmas themed game.
- A4 paper (optional colored paper)
- Colored magnetic letters
- Pom poms OR dot stickers OR bingo daubers
Alphabet Matching Game Printable PDF
Print and laminate the mats provided, place on a cookie sheet (optional) or you could leave it and use the poster paper. Place it on a tray (optional) along with some pom poms and dice.
Alphabet matching games are a fun way for children to learn how to recognize letters and associate them with their sounds.
There are many different kinds of alphabet matching games that can be played at home, in the classroom, or on the go.
Chain Link Alphabet Activity printable – alphabet letter punch cards and fine motor cards.
Alphabet matching games are a great way for children to learn about letter recognition and letter sound associations.
Children can be introduced to the alphabet by playing with alphabet matching games.
The games help children learn the alphabet in a fun and interactive way, as they match letters and objects in the game.
This particular game can be played in several ways. You could have the children roll the die, find the corresponding letter the number points to and then place a colored dot sticker on it OR they could use dot markers to mark the letter.
In this image here, I used pom poms which is also another way to practice fine motor skills.
Alphabet Matching Game for Toddlers
Be sure to have your kids sound out the letter they found as they match it.
As an added activity, you could have them name a word that begins with that letter such as A for apple and place the letter on the mat.
This is a great way to get pre-schoolers or kindergarten kids to practice their alphabet recognition skills in a fun and engaging activity!
More alphabet games you may like:
- Fun Easy Prep Alphabet Puzzle PDF Activities
- Best Alphabets Hidden Games for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Alphabet Upper and Lowercase Printable Flower Pot Game
Some more Alphabet Matching Free Printables:
- Alphabet I Spy Printables Winter Busy Book Inserts
- Letter Formation Alphabet Road Task Cards
- Alphabet Match Dot Stickers Cruise Ship
- Chicka Chicka DIY Alphabet Sensory Bottle Super Simple to Make!
- Alphabet Houses Do a Dot Printable Book Super Cute and Easy Prep!
- Teach Alphabet Recognition Easily with these Valentine Penguin Alphabet Matching Cards!
- Reindeer Alphabet Recognition Activities – Roll, Find and Colour!
Alphabet Matching Game Cookie Sheet
This file contains 2 different sets of printables. Colored and black and white versions of the sheets plus letters on each page.
Comes in blacklines. You can choose to print on colored cardstock however.
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.