When we think of teaching kids about diversity, we know that it all starts with the classroom dynamic. What teachers model, kids will follow. This post will outline some ways in Teaching Kids About Cultural Diversity and foster a classroom environment of diversity and cultural acceptance in a healthy manner. I’ve also created a fun clip wheel you can use to talk about different countries and cultures.
Plus, a super FUN clipart giveaway at the end of this post to one of my favourite Clip-artists – DJ Inkers (which you’ve probably seen me use repeatedly). 🙂 The giveaway starts on the 30th September, so be sure scroll to the bottom and get as many entries as you can to win this SUPER huge clipart set.
Teaching Kids About Cultural Diversity
Use this super fun clip wheel to talk to kids about cultural diversity! There are 20 countries included on two wheels. I would print them on large A3 paper, laminate them and use them with pegs. See below for instructions on how to use the wheels!
Some ideas on how to foster an inclusive classroom envrinoment:
- Always begin the week by discussing what the students did on the weekend, talk about traditions their families celebrated, foods they ate etc.
- Have the kids write in their classroom journals about their favourite way to celebrate holidays.
- Discuss the meaning of student names.
- Create crafts of their countries or do research into their home countries.
- Show and tell (an item that has significant meaning in their country
How to use the ‘Our Classroom Family Clip Wheel:
- Laminate the two wheels on large A3 paper and cut them out.
- Label small pegs with children’s names on them.
- Have the children use the pegs to place them on the country of origin.
- Encourage the kids to talk about their country and traditions (shown on the wheels).
RELATED POSTS YOU MAY LIKE:
- Social Story About Returning to School after Covid19
- Kindness Bulletin Boards Promote Social Skills with these Boards
- Social Skills to Include in Your Homeschool
A chance to win DJ Inkers A Wonderful World Set
Want a chance to win a set of this super fun clipart bundle Kidoodlez Wonder-full World Clip Art Download? ENTER below, remember the more entries you get – the higher chance of winning it!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Download your copy of the FREE Our Classroom Family Wheels
This free wheel is Created using DJ Inkers ‘Wonder-Full World‘ collection.
Use this super fun clip wheel to talk to kids about cultural diversity. Enter above the giveaway for a chance to win this super fun clipart bundle! There are 20 countries included on two wheels. I would print them on large A3 paper, laminate them and use them with pegs. See above for instructions on how to use the wheels!
Enter your name and email below to get redirected to the download!