Decorate your classroom with these FREE and cute Kindness Bulletin Boards that encourage good character traits and social skills. Promote an inclusive environment with these easy and fun back to school bulletin boards.
As teachers it is crucial that we provide a welcoming and and inclusive environment. We don’t always know how to help kids recognise that the act of ‘being kind’ is an important quality to have. We all remember being at school and being teased about something – but we as teachers, can be the change our future generation needs.
* Please note this post contains affiliate links. This will not affect your buying experience. Sea of Knowledge may receive a small commission for referring your purchase.
Why is Promoting Social Skills Important?
There are so many reasons why teaching kids that kindness is one of the most important qualities to have. Why is it that once kids reach high school, they face so many issues like peer pressure and ‘wanting to fit in’. This is because every child wants to feel like they belong. If their classmates make them feel less important at any stage in their school life – this is what causes their insecurity.
It is up to us, as teachers, parents, caregivers to lead by example and show children how to be kind. And showing children how to be kind is just as important as leading by example. For instance, don’t tell kids they must share their crayons only to be too strict on sharing something that you have with the class.
The bulletin board idea is an excellent way to remind and show kids everyday that promoting kindness is the culture of the classroom and the year. A bulletin board is usually large and very captivating – if you’re able to show it off with a pop of colour and a great theme like the ones shown below. The kids will never forget it!
Want to help promote kindness and social skills at the same time? Include some hands-on activities and materials like the ones shown below to provide a truly immersive experience for your kids who are just coming back to school.
Amazing Kindness Bulletin Boards Ideas
Here are some fun Bulletin Board displays that you could use to brighten up your classroom decor this year, or simply even use one of these as a pin board!
- The Kindness Tree from Teacher Blog Spot: This great idea encourages kids to do good deeds throughout the year. Head on over to The Teacher Blog Spot to read all about how you could implement this bulletin board.
2. The Bravo Board from Emily Third and Goal: this super cute display gives students a quote to live by along with ideas on how you could encourage kindness by random acts throughout the year.
Random Acts of Kindness Bulletin Boards
This section actually includes two kindness bulletin board ideas which you can implement into your own classroom, and the best part? They can certainly be differentiated so you can use them in any grade level from preschool to sixth grade. How awesome is that?
3. Give and Take Bulletin Board: read all about this super cute bulletin board over at Purple Pronto Pups. This works with traits (that you could choose) and searching for and adding quotes that students can be reminded of. Super cute and will work well in a diverse classroom with ESL / ELL students.
This bulletin board from Bored Teachers is one that speaks to the heart. A great way to get students to actually create an atmosphere of acceptance into the classroom. Every classroom will have kids who laugh at others or tease their classmates, but starting off the year with a great kindness bulletin board will be the ultimate way to encourage acceptance. Don’t just talk about it – but actually have the students act out their acts of kindness.
Like this Random acts of kindness bulletin board. how cute is it? I would certainly differentiate the cards included inside the bulletin board. Have the kids choose an envelope and then read the card and complete the ‘act of kindness’ on this card.
4. This huge Love display kindness bulletin board is a perfect way to engage your young learners with a visual and beautiful display to remind them to show love and not hostility or hate! Check it out from Pet Bake Teach.
5. Give What You Can, Take What You Need: This super cute bulletin board encourages kids to take a ‘sticky note’ of the kindness quality they need and then ‘give back’ by writing another note of kindness and placing it on the ‘give’ section. Super cute and engaging, even little ones can do this!
6. This Choose Kindness Bulletin Board from Taylor Mackowsky is a SUPER simple one to make. Grab some love heart sticky notes from Amazon and get to creating. The best part about this bulletin board is that it is student made.
7. Back to School One in a Melon Bulletin Board Display: This display is one of my favourites. Not only does it look fantastic but it promotes positivity and brilliant social skills from the get-go!
This Watermelon Themed Bulletin Board Display will be your go-to each year to get kids talking about themselves, introducing themselves to their classmates etc. The bonus thing about this is that the kids get to practice their writing skills at the same time!
If you’d like to see this activity, head to All About Me One in a Melon Flipbook, A Back to School Craftivity to check it out!
8. Kindness is Sweet Bulletin Board Ideas Ice Cream Templates inside!
If you’re looking for a way to unite your students from the start of the school year. Look no further, these Kindness is Sweet Bulletin Board Ideas will be a hit with your students. There are also writing templates for older kids. These can work for kids in preschool to third grade!
I hope these ideas gave you some motivation to promote kindness and inclusive culture in your classroom this year! Back to school bulletin boards are a great way to encourage good character traits in kids right from the start! Wishing you an awesome start to the year.
9. Olaf Winter Bulletin Board Ideas Super Popular and Simple to Make! These Olaf Winter Bulletin Board Ideas are super simple to make! People just love his charisma and his character in the movies. I’ve gathered quite a few of these cute Olaf Snowman Bulletin Boards which you can try to replicate in your classroom.
10. Throw Kindness Like Confetti from Amich Table for 4. This is a great bulletin board to encourage kindness and good deeds. Have the kids “add confetti” through the year each time they do an act of kindess.
More ideas for your classroom!
Over 20 Back to School FREE Printables!
Easy into your year with these FUN and simple almost no prep back to school activities and resources! If you haven’t seen them yet, they are all listed on one page! Browse through the page and click on each picture to get each download. Click here or on the picture below.
10 Fun Ways to Teach Social Skills! Great read and LOTS of FREE downloads!