Decorate your classroom with these FREE and cute boards that encourage good character traits. Promote an inclusive environment with these easy and fun back to school bulletin boards.
* Please note this post contains affiliate links. This will not affect your buying experience. Sea of Knowledge may receive a small commission for referring your purchase.
Why is Promoting Kindness Important?
As teachers it is crucial that we provide a welcoming and and inclusive environment. We don’t always know how to help kids recognise that the act of ‘being kind’ is an important quality to have. We all remember being at school and being teased about something – but we as teachers, can be the change our future generation needs.
Want to help promote kindness and social skills at the same time, include some hands-on activities and materials like the ones shown below to provide a truly immersive experience for your kids who are just coming back to school.
Amazing Back to School Kindness Bulletin Boards
Here are some fun Bulletin Board displays that you could use to brighten up your classroom decor this year, or simply even use one of these as a pin board!
- The Kindness Tree from Teacher Blog Spot: This great idea encourages kids to do good deeds throughout the year. Head on over to The Teacher Blog Spot to read all about how you could implement this bulletin board.
2. The Bravo Board from Emily Third and Goal: this super cute display gives students a quote to live by along with ideas on how you could encourage kindness by random acts throughout the year.
Over 20 Back to School FREE Printables!
Easy into your year with these FUN and simple almost no prep back to school activities and resources! If you haven’t seen them yet, they are all listed on one page! Browse through the page and click on each picture to get each download. Click here or on the picture below.
3. Give and Take Bulletin Board: read all about this super cute bulletin board over at Purple Pronto Pups. This works with traits (that you could choose) and searching for and adding quotes that students can be reminded of. Super cute and will work well in a diverse classroom with ESL / ELL students.
4. Be the Reason Someone Smiles Today: this is a super cute door display that will have your kids just staring at it all day (or hopefully taking action and making others smile ;). Read all about it from The Primary Peach.
5. Give What You Can, Take What You Need: (Pinterest link here as the original poster could not be found but I thought it deserved a share!) this super cute bulletin board encourages kids to take a ‘sticky note’ of the kindness quality they need and then ‘give back’ by writing another note of kindness and placing it on the ‘give’ section. Super cute and engaging, even little ones can do this!
I hope these ideas gave you some motivation to promote kindness and inclusive culture in your classroom this year! Back to school bulletin boards are a great way to encourage good character traits in kids right from the start! Wishing you an awesome start to the year.
More AH-MAZING bulletin board ideas
Looking for some back to school themed bulletin boards? Check out these AH-mazing bulletin ideas from A+ Teaching Resources that are sure to lighten up any classroom, from emojis to math talk bulletin boards these are a MUST SEE!