Hi everyone! I am linking up with Doodle Bugs this week.
It’s been a happening week… In case you hadn’t noticed I’ve been very active on the ‘blogosphere’ lately. So active that I may have annoyed any subscribers on the blog (if that’s you – I sincerely hope you have found a thing or two useful to use in teaching 😉 It’s like – make ten posts in one week or none at all for weeks! Haha.
Here’s my five!
- Lately, I have been getting lots of emails asking about teaching social skills to kids. Not only are these skills important – but they are SO important in this day and age considering more kids are being introduced into intercultural classrooms. Building acceptance and a positive behavior scheme doesn’t happen overnight. Showing these kids the importance of friendship and accepting difference EVERYDAY is the key. Here is one activity you can do with your kids which helps them understand peace:
You can get it from the full activity pack for social skills from The Sea of Knowledge TPT Peace begins with me. You can also get the free POSTER below to remind students of how they can SHOW COURAGE from this BLOG POST HERE.
2. Do you love finding new ways to teaching the main idea? Have a read through this BLOG POST HERE to find an easy and FREE way to prep a center that you can use ALL year round – the best part about it is that you can add to it whenever you read an article that your kids will warm up to! Download a FREE dictionary word search vocabulary graphic organizer too!
3. As we approach the beginning of term 2 I like to reflect and at times I find that my experience at school as a child placed a HUGE part to who I am today. Here’s a quote to share from Oprah Winfrey. 🙂
4. Looking for a fun and easy way to practice sight words along with beginning sounds? Try this FREE activity during pirate week. Find it at this BLOG POST HERE.
5. Does anyone teach ESL to adults/high school leavers? I have made a specific URL to share some teaching resources and ideas for those particular students. You can find these posts at ESL World Blog – the Official Website. I will be posting updates and freebies there in the future. 🙂
Check out this interactive listening activity that you can do with third – fourth graders. 🙂
Thank you for stopping by! 🙂http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com.au/