Students will enjoy reading, identifying and clipping the matching uppercase alphabet letters in these fun pencil themed clip cards.
The students will work on letter identification, naming their letters and fine motor skills by clipping the correct box with the matching letter. The best thing about these clip cards is that they can be laminated and re-used as many times as you need throughout the year! I know I always need alphabet activity ideas for my struggling ESL / ELL students. And it’s always important to keep refreshing alphabet identification with mainstream students.
The kids will choose a clip card, identify the uppercase letter. They say the letter and then clip the box with the matching letter. You can alternatively get the students to color in the boxes with dry erase markers! Many options there. They will love the pencil pictures with the letters on them and will find the task of clipping a fun and enjoyable task. You can make this task a race to see which group will finish first.
- Download the Alphabet Pencil Themed Uppercase Letter Cards below.
- Print on Card stock or A4 paper then Laminate.
- Cut the cards out.
- Store them in a plastic sleeve or file folder.
- Prepare the cards for a group of students (you can print and laminate more for more groups).
- Stack the Cards in the middle of the table in a basket if you wish.
- Make as many copies as you need for your groups.
- Make sure they know that they are to choose one card at a time.
- They say the letter on the card and then clip the matching uppercase letter.
- Walk around the check that they’ve done their clipping correctly.
- You can alternatively have them color in or dab the box with the matching letter.
Need some more Back to School Freebies, Ideas, Hacks and Resources? Be sure to see our Back to School Goodies page! Bookmark it and come back to it often as we add more resources to it!
- This set is for personal / classroom use only.
- All clip-art used in this pack are used with permission.
- This printable may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- All materials on this website are copyright protected.
- You may not distribute this resource to a large number of teachers / personnel. Please refer them to this website to download their own copy.