Kids love this super fun name recognition activity sort. Christmas activities can be so much fun too around this time of year. If you’re still looking for some ideas to help students recognise their names, this game is sure to do that and more!
The best part about this game is that you get to print and re-use the cards if you like throughout the month of December.
Name activity ideas for students
There are so many ideas to help kids learn their names.
One game is very simple and easy to understand for the kids. All you have to do is tap on the letters of the alphabet.
When you tap on a letter, it will make some sound that starts with that letter.
It’s a fun way for kids to learn their name, as well as their ABCs!
Children learn to recognise their name when they are still babies. They learn it from the people who care for them and from the letters on their toys.
In this activity, children will use a game to find out what their name is. The game can be played in two ways:
– Children can play with another child or an adult and take turns guessing each other’s names;
– Children can play alone by guessing their own name first and then trying to guess other names.
Easy printable Rudolph craft name activity which doubles as a social skills activity.
Name recognition preschool activities Christmas game
This simple game below is a fun way to engage even the most reluctant students.
Just print the templates, it is an editable PDF, so print out the names you want to use.
You can choose to laminate it if you wish. There are also blackline copies so you could print those out.
Lay out the two Santa mailing boxes, then have the student read what is on the box.
Point to it and say, “this is your name: Yara”. Then point to the other mailing box and ask about what is on the box.
They will understand that they need to sort the mail that has their name on it into the correct box.
Name recognition activity for kindergarten
This super fun printable can be played throughout the year too. It does have a Santa Christmas theme. But Santa is collecting mail throughout the year too, right?
More name printables and activities:
- Gingerbread Bulletin Board Ideas [Cute Name Craft]
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Craft Name Printable for Kids
- Elf Craft Preschool Fun Name Writing Printable
- Large Letters to Print and Cut Out Free Fun Name Letter Craft
Name Recognition Activity Santa’s Mail Game
Download your FREE set below.
Please note however that:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission