I love making some fun holiday games for kids to engage with with literacy during the festive season. These St Patrick’s Day Escape Room activities are perfect for kindergarten and first grade kids.
They work out the answers to the riddles by finding the matching symbol to each letter on the page.
They will also need to do this to find the spot where the last hidden leprechaun is by completing the worksheets to reveal the letters to make the word where the hidden leprechaun is!
Escape room Saint Patrick
Kids enjoy escape room activities because they provide a challenge and an opportunity to solve puzzles and riddles.
The games offer a sense of adventure and the feeling of accomplishment when they successfully escape.
They also allow kids to engage their creativity and problem-solving skills, and can be enjoyed with friends or family, making it a fun social activity.
St Patrick’s Day Riddles for kids
Kids love riddles and the ones shared in the worksheets and printables are ones that kindergarten and first graders will love.
St. Patrick’s Day is a time for celebration and fun, and what better way to get kids in the spirit than with some festive riddles! Here are some St. Patrick’s Day-themed riddles that are perfect for kids.
- What do you get when you cross a shamrock with a little bit of luck? A four-leaf clover, of course!
- What do you call a lazy Irishman? Paddy O’Nap.
- Why did the leprechaun cross the road? To get to the pot of gold, of course!
- What kind of music do leprechauns listen to? Wrap music.
- What do you call an Irishman with a broom? Paddy O’Sweeper.
- What’s green, has four legs, and can sing? A leprechaun with a cold!
- Why do leprechauns wear green? So they can hide in the grass and avoid getting caught by humans!
- What’s the difference between an Irishman and a drum? One has the rhythm of the drum, and the other has the drum of the rhythm.
- What do you get when you cross an Irishman and a leprechaun? A St. Patrick’s Day parade!
These riddles are sure to bring a smile to the faces of kids and grown-ups alike. So, gather the family and see who can solve the riddles the quickest. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
St Patrick’s Day Escape Room
There are 10 riddles with answers in the pack. You can choose to use as many as you need and there are several ways to play the game.
Use it as an escape room fun project! Kids love escape rooms, there is a component in this pack which allows you to hide four reindeer around the classroom or home.
Hide the last leprechaun in a difficult place and add letters behind each riddle sheet for kids to complete and find!
Print as many riddles as you need to make out that word. For example, you’re hiding the last reindeer under a chair.
Below, I have shared 1 riddle page for free so that you can try them with your students first and if you like them, you can get the full set of St Patrick’s Day Escape Room Worksheets in my shop.
I really enjoyed making these riddles. They aren’t easy to make, as you do need the proper fonts to make them.
I think your students will love these! And not only will you be working on critical thinking skills and literacy skills.
You will also work on social skills by students helping each other look for and solve the riddles.
Halloween riddles for kids free printable pack.
I like to color the last leprechaun in red for an added fun twist!
Your word will be chair. So you will need 5 riddle sheets with each letter being behind those sheets.
Each student will complete the riddle and ‘collect’ the letter.
They will all then work out the word and go find that remaining hiding leprechaun!
So much fun. I also wanted to make it super simple for the kids. Most escape rooms are to difficult for this age group.
More St Patrick’s Day Activities:
- Making Ten Activities: St Patricks Day Theme Ten Frames Worksheet
- CVC Spin & Color St. Patrick’s Day Freebie
- St Patrick’s Day Interactive Sentence “Mystery Picture” Booklets
- Interactive Hole Punch Activities Book: Free Clover Counting Book
St Patrick’s Day Riddles for Kids Worksheets
Download your FREE set below.
If you’d like to buy the full set which includes 10 riddles along with the leprechaun cut outs and answer key, I’ve listed it in my shop.
You can get your copy of the St Patrick’s Day Escape Room printables there and use it year on year!
I sometimes laminate these and include them in learning binders.
Each year, I change the location of where the leprechauns are placed.
In conclusion, St. Patrick’s Day is a great opportunity to bring some humor and playfulness into your family’s celebration. These riddles are just one way to make the day even more special and memorable.
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission