Gingerbread Color Match Pompoms Activity Cards: Last week we did a gingerbread color match activity which had Bella using her fine motor skills to place each pom pom on the colored circles shown on each gingerbread man card. This fine motor color matching activity is a perfect one to use during November and December with preschoolers. Read on to find out more and pick up these fun gingerbread men cards at the end of this post!
The activity can be perfectly paired with these fun and simple PRESCHOOL CHRISTMAS THEMED MATH AND LITERACY CENTERS.
This activity is so easy to setup and use.
What you’ll need:
- colored pom poms (can pick these up in any dollar store or kmart)
Gingerbread Color Match Activity
What we did first is make sure Bella knows her colors. So we went over the basic colors of the pom poms, I held out a pom pom and I asked Bella ‘What color is this pompom?’ and she’d answer with ‘red, blue, yellow or green’ . This activity included the colors green, blue, red and yellow. Bella is almost two years old so was able to complete this activity with minimal help. She was having trouble distinguishing between the green and the blue but in time this will become easier for her to identify.
So I told her that we need to match the pom pom colors to the colors of the buttons on each gingerbread card. She understood this quickly and began matching the pom poms. It helps to add though that we’ve been doing lots and lots of color matching activities with counters and colored chips so Bella knew the drill as she’s done this type of activity before.
As a match extension activity, Bella and I counted how many pom poms we were placing on the gingerbread. She’s far too young to understand match concepts at the moment but she is already getting the hang of counting as we do this.
Ready to download?
Before you download this free pack, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal / classroom use only.
- All clip-art used in this pack are used with permission.
- This printable may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- All materials on this website are copyright protected.
- You may not distribute this resource to a large number of teachers / personnel. Please refer them to this website to download their own copy.