Children often enjoy color by number printables because it allows them to practice following instructions while also being creative. These Valentine color by number printables are perfect for preschoolers. Additionally, the structure of the activity provides a sense of accomplishment as they fill in each numbered section and see the picture come to life. It also can enhance their fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. The printables often depict fun and familiar characters, animals, or objects which makes it more engaging for kids.
See 50+ number and math printables and activities here.
Fun ways to learn number recognition skills
There are many fun ways to help children learn number recognition:
- Number puzzles: Cut out numbers from cardboard or foam and have children match the numbers to create a puzzle.
- Number matching game: Write numbers on index cards and have children match the numbers to the same number written on a piece of paper or whiteboard.
- Number scavenger hunt: Hide numbers around the room and have children find and match them to a corresponding number on a piece of paper.
- Number tracing: Provide a worksheet with numbers for children to trace.
- Number bingo: Create a bingo board with numbers instead of pictures and have children match the numbers called out to the ones on their board.
- Number hopscotch: Use sidewalk chalk to draw a hopscotch board with numbers instead of traditional numbers, children can hop on the numbers in order.
- Number flashcards: Use flashcards with numbers written on them and have children match the number to the written word and the quantity it represents.
- Number songs or rhymes: Singing songs or reciting rhymes that incorporate numbers can help children learn number recognition in a fun and engaging way.
- Hands-on play: Use toys like blocks, counting bears or pegs and encourage children to count, sort and match them by number.
- Color by number puzzles like these Valentine themed printables
By using these fun methods, children can learn number recognition in an interactive and engaging way.
Super cute and fun Valentine bears ten frame playdough mats
Valentine color by number printables
Color by number printables are a fun and simple way for children to practice coloring skills while following instructions.
Here’s how to use them:
- Print out the color by number printable.
- Review the key at the top or bottom of the page that shows which numbers correspond to which colors.
- Give your child the key and the crayons or markers.
- Have your child match the numbers on the printable to the corresponding colors on the key.
- Help your child color in each section, matching the numbers to the correct colors.
- Once the coloring is completed, the picture will appear.
- You can also use this printable for educational purpose by assigning numbers with different mathematical operations or providing learning numbers or alphabets.
- Encourage your child to take pride in their finished work and display it in a prominent place or even make a scrapbook.
Color by number printables are a fun and easy way for children to practice following instructions while also being creative. This activity can be great for kids of all ages, but is particularly good for younger children who are still learning their colors.
Valentine Color by Letter
I’ve also included 3 printables for work on alphabet recognition skills.
More Valentine activities you may like:
- Valentine Counting to Ten Worksheets
- 20 Best Free Valentine Worksheets for Preschool Hands-on Fun!
- Valentine Printable Math Puzzles – Interactive and EASY to Differentiate!
Valentine Color by Number Free Printables
To download your copy of these printables, click on the unlock the printable on the image below, then come back to this post and the image will be unlocked. Click on it to get the free printable.
The locked image is below: