This super easy gluten free Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie is a great way to keep leftovers and meal prep for the week. I do this each and every week; and I’m always trying to find new recipes that I could eat for the next three days and for easy work lunches.
This pie is simple to make in the food processor or even using a potato masher to make the sweet potato puree.
Sweet potato shepherd’s pie
This recipe is easy to make, I used coconut oil and a gluten free gravy option for the pie and veggie mix. I even made this without using pumpkin pie spices.
If you’re looking for low carb, I even used just two potatoes in this recipe. Which means that you could make this in the simplest and healthiest way possible.
How to make vegan sweet potato mash
This pie includes the easiest sweet potato mash recipe!
The trick here is to add enough milk so that the potato is mashed well without clumps.
And the best way to do it is in the processor, however I have done it using just the potato masher and it
I’m always looking for ways to include healthy vegetables in recipes to lower inflammation.
This delicious recipe doesn’t require too many ingredients which I love.
Make sure that when you are mixing the beef mixture, that the gravy warms up enough to make a nice filling.
Is the gravy mix gluten free?
So with this pie, I use the Maggi gluten free mix powder. I’ve just linked to an organic brand here which is available in the U.S: Gluten free gravy mix.
I believe as long as the gravy mix includes ingredients I can pronounce, then we are good to go!
What is the key to making a really good casserole?
A casserole is a great way to cook a nutritious and delicious meal in one pot. It’s an easy and versatile way to get creative with your cooking.
From classic dishes like lasagna and mac & cheese, to more creative takes on casseroles like taco pie, there’s something for everyone.
But what makes a casserole so special? There are several key elements that make a casserole stand out from other dishes.
These include the use of fresh ingredients, the combination of flavors, and the ability to customize it with different toppings or fillings.
With these tips in mind, you can create your own unique casserole that will be sure to please your family or guests!
My favorite part of casseroles is the fact that they can be used for meal prep or left-overs.
My favorite when I’m just tired of cooking and I want a quick nutritious meal.
Why are sweet potatoes healthier than brown potatoes?
Sweet potatoes are a healthier alternative to brown potatoes when it comes to cooking in a casserole. Sweet potatoes are packed with nutrients that can help boost your immune system and provide essential vitamins and minerals.
They are also lower in calories and fat than brown potatoes, making them a great option for those looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Additionally, sweet potatoes contain more fiber than brown potatoes, helping you stay fuller for longer.
With all these benefits, it’s no wonder why sweet potatoes are the preferred choice when cooking in a casserole.
Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie
See the full recipe details below on how to make this sweet potato shepherd’s pie and go low carb!
Deprecated: Use of option key MVCP_site_id is deprecated. Use mcp_site_id instead. in /home/seaofkno/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mediavine-control-panel/lib/class-mv-migration.php on line 187
- 1 brown potatoes
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 brown onion diced
- 1 cup peas, corn and carrot mix (frozen)
- 1 tablepoon Maggi Roast gravy
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste or puree
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoon dairy free butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel the potatoes and dice them before placing them in a pot filled with water.
2. In the meantime, dice the onions and fry them in the same casserole dish you want to bake the pie in (because who needs more dishes), then add your beef and fry it along with some olive oil.
3. Once your beef is cooked through, add your corn, peas and diced carrot mix and continue to fry. Once they are warmed up enough, add a tablespoon of the gravy along with 1/4 cup of water, then add tomato paste and mix it into the mixture.
4. Continue to cook on medium to low heat and stir.
5. In the meantime, to make your sweet potato mash, add the potatoes into the pot after straining them. Then use a potato masher and add the butter along with the almond milk with salt and pepper then stir and mash. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
6. When you've got the sweet potato mash ready, place it on the side. Once the beef and vegetable mixture is done. Spread them out evenly and add the mixture of the sweet potato on top.
7. Add shredded vegan cheese on top (optional). At this point you could place it in the oven for 20 minutes or you could place it in the fridge to have it later.
* This pie would make great leftovers. Reheat in the microwave or oven.