Scroll to the bottom of this post to get the FREE jumbled paragraph mini interactive printable based on sentence structure!
Here are a few ways that you could possibly incorporate when you’ve got a few ESL students in your class to cater for.
1. Place some mainstream kids along with a few ESL student in each group. (if you can)
2. Consider using some alphabet cards and play a game where the students have to make as many words as they can from the pile! You can make that a race.
3. Choose some cards and write pronouns, verbs and objects on each card and have the students make as many sentences as they can from the pile (another race!).
4. Dictate two basic sentences each day to the whole class. Get the students to draw pictures to illustrate the sentences and each week have the students vote on the best picture illustrated.
5. Play a game where you throw scrambled words (listening) and students write those words down then re-arrange the words to make complete sentences.
These are just some ways I have found worked for me and my students – it’s a very tricky thing!
Anyway, here are some sentence puzzles I’ve made to help students further work in groups on sentence construction. I’ve printed these on card stock and used them over and over so MANY TIMES! My students sometimes choose the folder and start working on them by themselves. 🙂
So I printed mine with four puzzles on one A4 sheet to save paper and card stock ha! You can do this is you like or you could leave them as their original sizes. I’ve done this to give teachers the option to print them on a large sheet. You can click on this picture to see the complete bundle. 🙂