Using some high interest and fun free printable Handwriting name worksheets is the perfect way to engage kids with forming letters and writing their names. These name writing craft is Halloween themed and perfect for October.
I’ve made several editable name writing freebies and activities on this blog. I love making them and creating themes around them too.
This editable writing names printable is great for Fall or Halloween season.
I like to get the kids coloring their sheet, maybe even use qtips for dot painting and strengthening fine motor skills.
I would then instruct them on how to form each letter in their name on the mat. For this printable, the kids would practice two skills, writing and tracing their names, and then cutting and pasting the letters in their names in order.
Grab this free name writing practice worksheet here.
I’ve used the Zaner Bloser font in this printable download. Perfect for getting the kids to practice forming letters on the line.
Handwriting name worksheets
Kids in preschool and kindergarten ar still working on their name letter formation and writing their names.
They need all the practice they can get. Here are some materials you can use with this printable mat:
- Dot markers or bingo daubers (have them dot mark to color in each letter in their names.
- Small sized dot stickers to cover each letter.
- Qtips or earbuds to dot paint around and inside each letter.
More name activities below:
- 4th July Names Activities Kindergarten Editable One Page Craft
- Free Printable Preschool Name Tags Lion Boho Theme
- 5 Name Games for Preschoolers to Help with Name Recognition
- 40+ of the Best Arts and Crafts Name Ideas: Fine Motor Activities
Sometimes, I also get the kids to rainbow write inside each letter to create and form their letters.
I have included a prewriting activity just above to help kids develop their pencil grip skills too. They could also rainbow color those lines as they follow them from the dot onwards.
FREE superhero themed name tracing craft.
Free Printable Handwriting name worksheets
Ready to try these activities with your children or students?
Download your FREE set below. Please note however that:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
Download your free printable below!