I’m so excited to be kicking off this first book themed activity with some fun addition within 5 dough activity strips. Get your copy of at the bottom of the post.
The best part about these dough strips is that they can be used with any type of counters, you can use apple mini erasers, dough or counters!
We are kicking off the school year with apple themed activities for the Virtual Book Club for Kids! Today I’m sharing a super simple way for your kiddos to practice addition within 5.
This activity will pair well with my Number Bears Math Skills for Kindergarten Activity Pack.
These fun apple themed addition within 5 strips will have your kids wanting to learn pronto!
- Download the Count to 10 Clip cards Cards below.
- Print on Card stock or A4 paper then Laminate.
- You will need red and green play dough.
- Apple mini erasers.
- Cut the cards out.
- Store them in a plastic sleeve or file folder.
- Prepare the cards for a group of students (you can print and laminate more for more groups).
- Dry erase pens (optional).
These addition strips will help kids identify that joining two sets of numbers will make a total. This activity will get them to show the different numbers with items (colored dough).
- Stack the strips on the side and have each group of students or individual student choose one strip at a time.
- Have the kids read the numbers on the strip and identify how many dough balls they need of each color.
- Once they’ve started, get them to begin making their ‘apples’ with dough.
- They count and place the apple dough balls into each box.
- They do this again for the number on the right but with a different dough color.
- You can alternatively have them color in or dab the boxes with different colored dry erase pens.
Ready to download the FREE addition within 5 strips?
Looking for some more dough themed number activities? Check out these fun numbers to 20 dough mats.
Looking for some more addition activities? These egg carton addition ideas are perfect for small group activities, class activities or even a homeschooling/tutoring environment.
The best part about these is that you could easily prepare them with recyclable materials.
Who doesn’t have egg cartons lying around? Kids will love showing their work with these hands-on activities.
Before you download this free pack, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal / classroom use only.
- All clip-art used in this pack are used with permission.
- This printable may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- All materials on this website are copyright protected.
- You may not distribute this resource to a large number of teachers / personnel. Please refer them to this website to download their own copy.